- The biggest moment in 2016, I got engaged to my wonderful, now fiancé.
- I ran a nicely paced half marathon in 2:02.21.
In 2016, I graduated and got a job in my field 4 days after I walked across the stage.
Spotify didn’t send my year in review, because I didn’t have my settings properly configured, so I created a GitHub repo as an example of how I did this, 2016-music. Anyways, here is my top 20 artists of 2016:
- Keaton Henson
- The Head and the Heart
- In Flames
- Brand New
- Bon Iver
- Wiz Khalifa
- Luke Bryan
- Modern Life Is War
- Walk Off the Earth
- La Dispute
- Vance Joy
We went to Cuba
In 2016 I did a lot of side projects as I started to grow myself as a developer and reach out trying to figure out which technologies I enjoyed working with.
- Made 1,160 contributions in 2016.
- I created 35 repositories.
- Goodreads: manage my bookshelf/lack of, digitally.
- workflowy: keep notes on all of the things.
- Fitbit: Track workouts and steps.
This year my reads were all over the place, I didn’t really track how much/what I read.
- The Art of Asking (audio)
- Core Questions in Philosophy
- Outlines of Pyrrhonism
- The Google Resume
- Sapiens (audio)
- The 50th Law (audio)
- The Aeneid
- Plate: Five Dialogues
In 2017, I would like to:
- Travel/Spend more meaningful time with my family and fiancé.
- Train and run a full marathon.
- Spend time decluttering physically and digitally.
- Start a Commonplace book.
- Track as much of my activities as I can: how I spend my time, which teas/coffees I drink, routes/distances I run, apps I try, movies/shows I watch.